Technology has revolutionized how we interact with our living spaces and routines, and smart home automation is no different! Having total control over almost every aspect of your home is a different way of life, and it also comes with some unexpected benefits!
With your thermostat, lights, speakers, TVs, security cameras, locks, and more all connected to one interface, you have endless possibilities to make your life more convenient. And with these other benefits, you won't believe you've lived without them!
1. Manageability and Flexibility
As we said before, connecting all your smart devices to one interface offers many benefits, including easier management and flexibility! Typically, the connected interface is a smart app you can use on your phone, tablet, or central control, so you only have to learn how to work one set of controls — no learning curve needed! And the best part is we'll be doing the initial setup, so we can walk you through how these controls work.
And if you want to add or upgrade your devices later, integrating them with your current devices is a breeze. But don't worry; our team of experts will do that for you, too!
2. Convenience & Peace of Mind
Since all your devices are connected to one interface, you can control and monitor your system from anywhere — you don't even have to be home to make adjustments! Whether you're at work, on vacation, or just don't want to get up from the couch, you can easily keep up to date with your small children or elderly relatives living at home.
You also gain peace of mind when dealing with everyday tasks, like setting up geofence automation to close your garage door, secure the locks on the doors, and turn off the lights once it senses your phone is a certain distance away. No more feeling like you forgot to lock the door on your way out!
3. Data & Control
With smart technology comes loads of data, and the data your smart home collects can only benefit you. The more you use your smart home system, the more in-depth the data reports will be. So, it makes analyzing your daily habits and making adjustments much more straightforward. The information you can get is endless!
- Get instant notifications for when each kid gets home from school whenever they use their smart lock code to come inside.
- See your monthly energy consumption report and discover where and when you use the most energy.
- Check if any windows are left open before you leave the house or go to bed.
- See if someone has opened a secured cabinet (like a medicine cabinet) as soon as it's opened.
- Monitor how often you or your children watch TV and see what content they watch!
Pro Tip: You can make controls easier with voice-assistant technology so you don’t have to be nearby your smart device!
4. Save Energy
Keeping your smart devices on a schedule or automated based on environmental factors limits your energy usage, which means significant savings on your monthly utility bill (not to mention living green!). For instance, you can have your porch lights instantly come on at dusk using UV sensors, and turn them off in the morning, so you don't have to waste energy leaving them on all day.
Another way to save energy is through your smart thermostat, which uses occupancy and temperature sensors to keep your energy use to a minimum. So, if the thermostat senses a room or zone is empty, it'll automatically go into energy-saving mode. Or you can automate your thermostat and smart shades to work together and use natural sunlight or shade to heat or cool your home.
5. Increased Safety & Security
Another substantial benefit of smart home automation is increased safety and security. With your smart home automation, you can connect motion detectors, surveillance cameras, automated door locks, window sensors, glass break sensors, and geofencing to create chain events that keep you safe. For instance, you can:
- Set it so that whenever someone walks up to the door when you're not home, your smart video doorbell activates and starts recording while the lights in the living room and hallway come on to make it seem like your home.
- Scare off porch pirates by having smart speakers play barking dog sounds.
- Integrate smart smoke & CO2 detectors with your system, and automate them so that when triggered, it automatically unlocks all your doors and lights up a safe path out the door.
- Have instant access to real-life monitoring, like monitoring your children after they get home from school.
- Know instantly when a water leak happens and stop it before it worsens.
- Make it seem like your home when on vacation by setting your lights and shades to come on at random intervals.
However you want to keep your home secure, we'll set it up for you, so you'll always have peace of mind!
Bonus: Luxury Life
An unexpected but delightful benefit to smart home automation is the increased luxury — you don't have to lift a finger to enjoy your creature comforts! This means anything from using intelligent adaptive lighting to imitate sunlight and help with your circadian rhythm to playing music as soon as you pull up into your garage.
You can even set up multiple routines for any mood, like having bright lighting and energetic wake-up music in the morning as soon as your shades open to start your day. Or you can have automatic dim lighting and soothing music during your wind-down hours before bed.
Pro Tip: The possibilities of smart home automation are endless, but don't worry; simply tell us what you want your home to do, and we'll set it up for you!
The Smart Life
Now that you know the benefits of having a smart home, what are you waiting for? Our team at Mission Audio Video is waiting for your call! We have the expertise to smarten your home and upgrade your way of life, so don't wait — set up your consultation appointment today!